Hello Youth Soccer Players and Families -
KPHS Boys Soccer will host Senior Night on Monday, October 27th to honor all our seniors on the team and their achievements over the past years. The game will be versus Franklin and begins at 5:15pm at KPHS, with senior introductions just before game time .
Hello SC Norfolk Families,
The registration deadline for the SC Norfolk Indoor Session 1 Soccer program has been extended through Friday, October 17. We still need more players to be sure we can field enough teams, so that everyone that has already registered can be placed on a team.
Please spread the word and feel free to pass on this note. The indoor sessions are not affiliated with the BAYS league, so players from other towns can play on SC Norfolk teams.
Registration now closes Friday, October 17, so please do not delay in registering, and letting others know about the opportunity to play on an SC Norfolk team.
I have included the original note below with all the details on the steps required to register.
Attention Coaches. The Pro Coach schedule for the Fall 2014 season is now available at:
Any questuons, please contact Todd Lindmark.
Did you know that SCN encourages all coaches to complete a Mass Youth Soccer coach license course?
The Mass Youth Soccer license courses are designated A thru G, with license level A being the highest level in the USA.
SCN strongly encourages our coaches to achieve a minimum license level of ‘F’. The license courses teach such things as planning practices sessions, considerations for developing our young players, and basic soccer techniques and drills – the F and G courses are specifically designed for parents that are not familiar with the sport, but want to learn to be a coach for a team. Every SCN coach that has attended these courses attests that they are very beneficial – even those parents that have played the sport before.
To encourage you to become licensed, SCN:
a) Reimburses the cost of fees for you to attend the license courses
b) Refunds the program registration fee for your child (for Fall/Spring programs only) if you have an F license or above, and you are selected as a Head Coach of a team. Note: licensed coaches are typically given preference to unlicensed coaches when determining a head coach for a team.
Scheduled courses can be found at :
You may apply a filter to show specific courses, and select any convenient location/date/time for the course.
Did you know that if a game needs to be re-scheduled a number of people need to be made aware as early as possible?
The following people should be notified when a game cannot be completed on the scheduled date/ time as follows:
- For Home games only:
- Referee Coordinator – needs to assign a referee for the new date/time and update the BAYS scheduling system accordingly
- Field Operations – needs to ensure a field is available. Makeup games can be scheduled for a different time on a Saturday, or scheduled on a practice day. If on a practice day, another coach may need to be asked to move their practice session. S.C. Norfolk has limited days/times when we are guaranteed exclusive use of the fields, so this needs to be coordinated.
- For either Home or Away games:
- BAYS Section Captain – a courtesy notification only if the date will alter. Otherwise they will expect a report of scores
- BAYS Division Director – a courtesy notification only if the date will alter. BAYS have timeframe requirements for makeup games (see section 9 of the Rule book on BAYS website), or they may need to make a determination if coaches cannot agree on a mutually convenient date.
S.C. Norfolk will be fined by BAYS if a game is deemed our forfeit.
Did you know that you can contact one of the SCN Board members for help on game days when you have a question or a need?
Here is a contact list that you should keep with you for these occasions (also on our website), but be aware the contacts below may also be with their own child’s team so call another contact if there is slow response:
M: (617) 699-5243
Player & Coach Development