Hello SC Norfolk Families,
If you have been unable to order banquet tickets through the website in the past few days, it is not your fault! We are working with our website provider to resolve a technical issue that is preventing the abilty to make any purchases, including banquet tickets. We hope to have the issue resolved soon. If you have been unable to purchase banquet tickets, please send me an email (email@example.com) with the number of tickets you require, and we will hold a spot for you at the banquet. You can purchase the tickets at the door on the night of the banquet.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
This year's Fall Banquet is fast approaching and it's going to be another great night for all S.C. Norfolk players and families! As in past years, we have some really cool raffle prizes, give-a-ways and a super DJ for the kids. A catered Italian dinner will also be served, along with some great desserts. Buy your tickets now and don't miss out!
The Banquet will be held on Friday, November 21st from 6pm - 8pm at the King Philip High School in Wrentham. Tickets are $10 per person. To purchase tickets please see the following instructions:
Instructional Steps to register/buy Fall Banquet tickets:
Did you know that SCN encourages all coaches to complete a Mass Youth Soccer coach license course?
The Mass Youth Soccer license courses are designated A thru G, with license level A being the highest level in the USA.
SCN strongly encourages our coaches to achieve a minimum license level of ‘F’. The license courses teach such things as planning practices sessions, considerations for developing our young players, and basic soccer techniques and drills – the F and G courses are specifically designed for parents that are not familiar with the sport, but want to learn to be a coach for a team. Every SCN coach that has attended these courses attests that they are very beneficial – even those parents that have played the sport before.
To encourage you to become licensed, SCN:
a) Reimburses the cost of fees for you to attend the license courses
b) Refunds the program registration fee for your child (for Fall/Spring programs only) if you have an F license or above, and you are selected as a Head Coach of a team. Note: licensed coaches are typically given preference to unlicensed coaches when determining a head coach for a team.
Scheduled courses can be found at :
You may apply a filter to show specific courses, and select any convenient location/date/time for the course.
Did you know that if a game needs to be re-scheduled a number of people need to be made aware as early as possible?
The following people should be notified when a game cannot be completed on the scheduled date/ time as follows:
- For Home games only:
- Referee Coordinator – needs to assign a referee for the new date/time and update the BAYS scheduling system accordingly
- Field Operations – needs to ensure a field is available. Makeup games can be scheduled for a different time on a Saturday, or scheduled on a practice day. If on a practice day, another coach may need to be asked to move their practice session. S.C. Norfolk has limited days/times when we are guaranteed exclusive use of the fields, so this needs to be coordinated.
- For either Home or Away games:
- BAYS Section Captain – a courtesy notification only if the date will alter. Otherwise they will expect a report of scores
- BAYS Division Director – a courtesy notification only if the date will alter. BAYS have timeframe requirements for makeup games (see section 9 of the Rule book on BAYS website), or they may need to make a determination if coaches cannot agree on a mutually convenient date.
S.C. Norfolk will be fined by BAYS if a game is deemed our forfeit.
Did you know that you can contact one of the SCN Board members for help on game days when you have a question or a need?
Here is a contact list that you should keep with you for these occasions (also on our website), but be aware the contacts below may also be with their own child’s team so call another contact if there is slow response:
M: (617) 699-5243
Player & Coach Development